– CURRENTLY CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS –
UPCOMING ISSUE: July 21st, 2018
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Inside The Bell Jar?accepts poetry, short stories and flash fiction of absolutely any genre. The only real requirement we have is that your piece is related to mental illness in some way. This can be in a character, the general theme, something about the setting – you decide.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU PUBLISH?
As of May 2018, we will be publishing an issue of ITBJ?quarterly.
WHERE WILL MY WORK BE PUBLISHED?
Here on the website.
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
It’s our passion to share with readers an intimate insight into the minds of those suffering from a mental illness. We are therefore looking for writers of fiction and poetry that speak openly and honestly about their own experiences, or those of their characters. We are especially keen to hear the?voices of young adult teens, people of colour, those from the LGBTQA+ community or any other groups which often find themselves under-represented in the world of fiction.
RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- All poetry must be no more than 40 lines. All short stories must be between 1,500-5,000 words. Flash pieces must be between 200 and 1,500 words.
- You are allowed to submit as many times as you like, but please do so separately – one email per piece.
- Please edit your submissions before sending them in for consideration. Small typos and minor grammatical errors are fine, but as the journal is run by a small team there is simply not enough time to make substantial changes to sub-par work. Tip: reading something aloud a few times is very useful for spotting errors or clumsy sentence structures.
- All work must be your own.
- Work should not be published anywhere else, though simultaneous submissions (work that is currently submitted to another market) are allowed. We ask you that you inform us immediately if your work is selected elsewhere.
DO YOU PAY WRITERS?
At the present moment, we are unable to pay our writers.
We aim to reply to all submissions within six weeks, although we will sometimes go slightly over during busy periods or holiday seasons. Feel free to inquire about your submission after this period if you have not heard back from us, as it may have been lost in the mail.
STILL WANT TO SUBMIT?
Simply email your submission to poetry@ casino truc tuyen mien phi www.traceyamos.com if?you are sending in poetry, and?fiction@ casino truc tuyen mien phi www.traceyamos.com if you are sending in flash or a short story.
In the email, you should include:
– Your name
– The title of your submission
– The submission?both attached as a .doc and pasted at the bottom of your email
– A short bio (max 50 words) in the body of your email
Latest posts by Inside The Bell Jar (see all)
- Letter from the Editor – Thank You & (Hopefully) See You Soon - December 11, 2018
- Poetry Collection Review: for the love of black girls by Tatiana M.R. Johnson - August 22, 2018
- Want to Submit? - April 21, 2018